Friday, July 17, 2009

Girly tomboy hypocrite

So today I start my first day of work at the Body Shop, and I realized I am doing exactly what I have told myself I shouldn't be doing: I am judging my fellow employees and the clientele prematurely. Everyone I have met so far at the Body Shop has seemed fully competent, very helpful, and kind. Yet, I am still joking around about putting on a fake, girlier personality to be a believable salesperson in a store full of beauty products. I'm full of it, and I'm stopping that now. So here's the facts as I see them

-I, admittedly, feel that seven items of makeup everyday is a lot of makeup. However, I understand the reason for the makeup requirement. For starters, how can we legitimately sell products we don't know much about and have no personal experience with? Having used the Body Shop products over the last couple days, I know I am going in with at least my experiences to go on for the first few days until I get educated about the rest of the store. Furthermore, I have to admit...it's good makeup. I love what it does for my skin, and they have some great neutral colour choices, so I won't look like a baby prostitute, which could really be possible wearing so much makeup. The items also don't feel heavy. Body Shop makeup gets an A in my book.
2. I have a huge tomboy side. I love to watch football, hockey, and soccer. I love to play poker. I curse...a lot. I live in t-shirts and jeans. However. I am being a bit of a hypocrite pretending that I am not the kind of person who shops at the body shop. I used to love their lipgloss and body butter lines, and I only stopped using them because the Strongsville location closed. On top of that, I wear some makeup nearly everyday, even if it is just concealer and mascara.
3. I am smart. I am capable. I also love to buy flavoured lipgloss, smell nice, and feel good about how I look.
4. The Body Shop and I might be a very good fit afterall.

Product reviews are certain to follow after I get educated about the products. Until then,

Your pedicure loving, action movie attending writer.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot even names 7 different make-up products.

    Glad your job is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, right here? This attitude + honesty + common sense? This is why I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete